INFORMATION Technical work on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Comfortable Member
System Administrator
Jan 27, 2021
Dear Community,

We will soon change the servers of Leaked because the current one is unfortunately no longer sufficient. Yesterday already came the first signs of utilization due to our forum currency and also the Kanye community where constantly partly 900 - 1000 users are online.

Through the change we will have a running healthy system for a few years.

It will be announced in advance when maintenance is activated. We assume that the forum will be unavailable for a maximum of 20 - 30 minutes and a maintenance mode will be displayed.

admin

Comfortable Member
System Administrator
Jan 27, 2021
didnt you say how the servers could handle a million people being on it to prevent ddos attacks
There is in difference between backend and frontend and that is software specific thing. The website is overloaded by Xenforo and not by millions of requests to the server.

We currently have the simplest equipment for Leaked. This can be scaled 100x. First of all, when was Leaked really offline? We have had more than enough attacks and no one has managed to take the forum offline. :justreally:

admin

Comfortable Member
System Administrator
Jan 27, 2021
We moved, unfortunately it took about 3 hours because I still had some difficulties with some modules. But currently it runs without problems.

It may be that many users can not yet access the site and still see the maintenance mode as before. This is because many of them have to clear their browser cache on the smartphone or computer itself. Because the domain redirects to the new server now and the old one shows still the Maintenance Mode.

Please be sure to let me know here if you find any bugs. So that I can fix them. The current server has 10x more cores than the old one and should handle over 50'000 concurrent online users without any problems. So we are more than enough equipped for the next 10 years.

D

Deleted member 867

What do you mean exactly?
When you go on the site on safari some pop up comes up saying some shit like please refresh for cookies or some shit I'll try and get a screenshot when it next happens

Reactions: ethan
D

Deleted member 867

What do you mean exactly?

Reactions: ethan
D

Deleted member 18469

We moved, unfortunately it took about 3 hours because I still had some difficulties with some modules. But currently it runs without problems.

It may be that many users can not yet access the site and still see the maintenance mode as before. This is because many of them have to clear their browser cache on the smartphone or computer itself. Because the domain redirects to the new server now and the old one shows still the Maintenance Mode.

Please be sure to let me know here if you find any bugs. So that I can fix them. The current server has 10x more cores than the old one and should handle over 50'000 concurrent online users without any problems. So we are more than enough equipped for the next 10 years.
I am so happy to hear this. Good work, @admin and enjoy the next decade in here to everyone.
Now, let's start the show ...again ;)

Reactions: blurrijs and admin
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom