This Site is Killing You??!

leakthis.jpg

Should Leakthis staff feel personally responsible for creating an extremely toxic and unhealthy platform for young persons to waste their life on? Yes. Each day the site stays up more and more lives become at risk of becoming another execrable excuse for human life. Already members of this site have racked up thousands of messages posted, spending precious hours of their young life online wasting away in front of their bright screen in their dark, dimly lit rooms. Overstimulation of social media is costly for your mental health, social life, and physical health as well. Leakthis staff should feel a personal responsibility for each life they ruin by letting users spend more than 10 minutes daily on this godforsaken website.

Social media activity environment that is unregulated and so vagrant like the environment on this site is starkly unacceptable. Firstly, there are no restrictions on the amount of time allowed per day on the site. This problem combined with the site's focus on gaining a “reaction score” creates a toxic competitive environment that encourages users to try their hardest to appease the masses and suck up to the higher-ups on the website. All this effort in the hope of validation from higher-ups. In order to boost self-esteem and feel a sense of belonging in this niche social circle, people post content with the hope of receiving positive feedback. Couple that content with the structure of potential future reward(the false hope of real social stimulation), and you get a recipe for constantly checking this site and the site's discord. With all this constant activity on this site, users will find themselves exploring it. When reviewing other members' social activity, users will tend to make comparisons between the others and themselves like, “Did I get as many likes on my post as so and so?,” or “Why didn’t this person like my post, but this other person did?” Searching for validation on the internet only serves as a replacement for meaningful connections users should be making in real life. Personally, I believe the reaction score and/or message count should be abolished along with the “Scoreboard-Esque” members page. These things create an unhealthy environment for online social behaviour.

Time on site restrictions should be put in place as well. Less time allowed on the site results in less of the fear of missing out from users. Missing experiences can create anxiety and depression in users and this is worse than listening to Bladee. When people look online and see they’re excluded from an activity, it can affect thoughts and feelings and can affect them physically. A 2018 British study tied social media use to less, on and off, and delayed sleep schedules, which goes hand and hand with depression, memory loss, and poor academic performance. Social media use can affect users' physical health even more directly. Researchers also know the connection between the mind and body can turn anxiety and depression into nausea, headaches, muscle tension, and tremors. Personally, I believe to fix these problems there should be site hours that restrict posting any sort of messages during some hours of the day. Late at night or midday to promote good sleep schedules or to promote outdoor activity. I prefer the latter as physical health is important and vitamin d is a keystone for both mental and physical health.

To conclude, this site is a horrible excuse for an online community and full of horrible people, including all staff, that shows zero regard or remorse for the actions taken in making a toxic environment full of scammers and idiots that lack real-life social skills and will die alone and probably celibate. Also, the Authors should be paid for their labours.

VLw

Last edited by a moderator:
Social media activity environment that is unregulated and so vagrant like the environment on this site is starkly unacceptable. Firstly, there are no restrictions on the amount of time allowed per day on the site. This problem combined with the site's focus on gaining a “reaction score” creates a toxic competitive environment that encourages users to try their hardest to appease the masses and suck up to the higher-ups on the website. All this effort in the hope of validation from higher-ups. In order to boost self-esteem and feel a sense of belonging in this niche social circle, people post content with the hope of receiving positive feedback. Couple that content with the structure of potential future reward(the false hope of real social stimulation), and you get a recipe for constantly checking this site and the site's discord. With all this constant activity on this site, users will find themselves exploring it. When reviewing other members' social activity, users will tend to make comparisons between the others and themselves like, “Did I get as many likes on my post as so and so?,” or “Why didn’t this person like my post, but this other person did?” Searching for validation on the internet only serves as a replacement for meaningful connections users should be making in real life. Personally, I believe the reaction score and/or message count should be abolished along with the “Scoreboard-Esque” members page. These things create an unhealthy environment for online social behaviour.
Ik this is a shitpost but this had to be said. Everything in this paragraph is accurate.

Ik this is a shitpost but this had to be said. Everything in this paragraph is accurate.
This is not a shitpost, he looked up relevant British studies and walked to the local library to rent a thesaurus and find words like “execrable” that should have been abolished in the 1800s.

I definitely agree with the vast majority of what was said, but I’m not gonna set an alarm every day at whatever lunch time in the UK is for me so I can rush to the leak section and pray I can secure the download link of a new Lucki Eck$ song AND read a few shitpost comments before I get booted offline for being too much of a neckbeard and using my full 10 minutes of online allowance.

This form has plenty of users from different parts of the world who have commitments and jobs at different times than others and varying levels of free time on any given day.

I agree to trying to find a more realistic approach to both of those issues though. I’m sure there’s someone shitting their diaper on this site right now.

Reactions: Biggaveli
D
You don't want us to spend any excessive time on the site but want us to sit here and read a novel about YOUR view in hopes we give YOU the positive reinforcement YOU intended. Ironic.
Leakth.is ruined your attention span

I bet you were 3 grade levels ahead in your reading in elementary school

The only ones wasting their time are the Stans and Trolls who can't take another persons opinions with a grain of salt. The Salty type who get in their feelings when someone has said something that they didn't agree with. Like the Pierre BORING Stans, for example. ??????

Top Bottom