Review: Mac Miller - Macadelic

Macadelic
A Mixtape By Mac Miller

Macadelic was the seventh mixtape by rapper Mac Miller. It was released online via free digital download on March 23, 2012. It includes the hit single "Loud" and other songs like Fight The Feeling featuring Kendrick Lamar and Iman Omari. The 17 tracks Mac put out for this mixtape had many features on the tape like Lil Wayne, Cam’ron, Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$ and OF’s Casey Veggies

On The 23rd, Mac released Macadelic and had a release party at Shadow Lounge in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Releasing the tape:
Secret release party: \

The Same Day The Music Video For Loud Was Released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BYIEXzdnlY

Mac went on The Macadelic Tour in support of the mixtape in early 2012
performing 18 shows in the United States and 3 in Europe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyWE7_6QnC8

Since its release, it has been downloaded over 1.3 million times and streamed over 1.5 million times from its official host, DatPiff. In 2018 Macadelic was remastered and commercially released to Streaming Services on May 4, 2018. Today is Macadelic's 9th Birthday and I thought it would be a good idea to write a little article about this piece of art. My favorite song on the tape is The Question, featuring Lil Wayne.

Analysis

~ Love Me As I Have Loved You​

Love Me As I Have Loved You is the intro to the mixtape, it is a woman speaking in french, seems to be her talking to Mac seeing if he is paying attention to her, leading into the second song Desperado.

~ Desperado
Desperado is the second song on the tape, it starts with some lasers that remind me of the lasers Kanye West would put on songs like ‘I Am Not Home’ and ‘On Sight’ into the drum beat that sounds so good. In this song I noticed that Mac rapped about Pitchfork and how they gave his first studio album Blue Slide Park a 1/10, he said in the song “Some devil with a pitchfork keep talkin' like he know me” and later in 2013 when Mac talked with Complex about how the poor reviews of BSP affected him he said this, “A lot of the reviews were more on me as a person. To be honest, that was even worse. You’re 19, you’re so excited to put out your first album, you put it out—and no one has any respect for you or for what you did.” all around this song talks from anything from Bad Reviews, To Ipods and even The Mascot Of The University Of Maryland.

~ Loud
Loud Is the 3rd song on the tape, To me Loud is like that song everybody plays at a party, everyones jamming out and wants to throw a Hype tune on, when it’s Mac that they play it tends to be Loud. The electric keyboard/trap like beat over it goes very well with the song, in this song he talks about having all the money you’d need and being depressed to the next lyric talking about selling out a show of his.

~ Thoughts From A Balcony
Thoughts From A Balcony is the 4th song on the tape. This song is about reflecting upon your life and in Mac’s case reflecting on his fame and living his dream. The song tells the story of Mac coming up in his career as a rapper and how it as affected him, there is a lyric that he says “And Now These Writers Takin’ Shots Without A Nikon” and that's relating back to the bad reviews on his Album Blue Slide Park. Overall this song is up there for my favorites on the tape.

~ Aliens Fighting Robots
Aliens Fighting Robots is the 5th song on the tape, on this song he collaborated with Sir Micheal Rocks and they rap about many different things like the movie ‘Catch Me If You Can’ starring Leonardo DiCapro, to sandwiches from Pirmantis (A local sandwich shop), to talking down on girls who wear Makeup because they are “Fake Like Orange Tanning”. On the chorus of the song Sir Michael Rocks raps about them falling down the same rabbit hole just looking for love but it will never happen because it tends to only happen when they are holding the drugs. I love the randomness of some of the lyrics but when blended together over this beat Ii think it’s really good

~ Vitamins
Vitamins is the 6th song on the tape, this song seems like a story about meeting a girl then hanging out with her to get messed up taking drugs that he didn’t know anything about, the last lyrics of the chorus goes “It took me to somewhere off the map and I don't think I'll ever find my way back, back” and I think he is talking about how when you do these drugs they open your mind up and they mess with you, he doesn’t know if he will ever be able to go back to his old self after this. This song seems like a little story but turns out to be way deeper than what’s expected

~ Fight The Feeling
Fight The Feeling is the 7th song on the tape, this track seems to be Mac, Kendrick and Iman talking about how doing these drugs fuck you up and now they aren’t trying to fight the feeling of doing these drugs because they are getting addictive, Mac goes “Can't start slippin' down these slopes 'cause it's all just downhill from there” which is talking about how once you do just one of a drug it’s all downhill from there and it won’t get better, it will always get worse.

~ Lucky Ass Bitch
Lucky Ass Bitch is the 8th song on the tape, this song is just Mac rapping about his events with some girl where they hung out, smoked weed, did drugs and had sex. Then Juicy J hops on and raps about the same stuff. This is probably my least favorite song on the tape.

~ The Mourning After
The Mourning After is the 9th song on the tape, this song is Mac talking about the Mourning after what i assume was a night of partying and drugs. He is with this girl who is unknown and Mac talks about how the mornings go after these nights, the girl is talking about how she is sober and doesn’t want to stay sober for long, in Macs lyric “Little angel, where's your halo? Somewhere above them horns” it seems like he is saying this girl is like his angel but at the same time is a devil who is being a negative influence on his life. Overall it is a good song.

~ 1 Threw 8
1 Threw 8 is the 10th Song on the tape, this song seems to be Mac talking about wanting to be the change in our “Destroyed” World, he criticizes stuff like Human Stupidity and Common Sense, he wonders if when he dies will people remember the good things he did instead of his “Mistakes”, to me i think He feels like his own worst enemy.

~ Ignorant (Featuring Cam’ron)
Ignorant is the 11th song on this tape, i believe this song is Mac and Cam’ron rapping about how they are getting ignorant as a side effect that’s coming with the Luxury lifestyle of being Rappers, Mac talks about how he just bought a new house and he is paying $500K to just paint it. This song is another good song from the tape, the flow is almost non stop and the beat with it goes perfectly

~ The Question (Featuring Lil Wayne)
The Question is the 12th song on the tape, this song was the first of many songs Mac had made with a Highly Respected artist. In this song Mac and Lil Wayne talk about how they have made it but they don’t know who they are, they are still wondering What Are They Doing Here, this song is probably my second favorite off the tape and it’s widely a Fan Favorite

~ Angels
Angels is the 13th song on the tape, i believe that this song is about Macs Ex Nomi and how he felt a high being with her and he’d try replicating it by taking drugs when she wasn’t with him. With this beat being so unique with the distorted and chopped up Words on the sample it still perfectly fits in with the song, overall a very good song all together.

~ Sunlight (Featuring Iman Omari)
Sunlight is the 14th song on the tape, this song has that old school beat vibe and reminds me of the song La La La. After listening I feel this song is about how it was just dark because it was the beginning of his career and there was sunlight ahead in his career, overall Mac’s lyrics on this song and Iman's outro are really good.

~ Clarity
Clarity is the 15th song on the tape, this song has Mac on an auto tune over a well put together beat. Mac talks first about how he wants a girl who actually loves him and not his money, then he talks about how he really loves this girl thinking that they will be connected forever, the chorus of this song is thanking the girl for taking away Macs pain, he will always be waiting for the chance he gets to repay her.

~ America (Featuring Casey Veggies & Joey Bada$$)
America is the 16th song on the tape, this song was the only song Mac and Joey ever Collaborated on but they made it a good one, this song talks about many different things going on in everyone's life but there’s one thing that seems to connect them all together, drugs. There is a lyric on the song referencing the movie Hook featuring Robin Williams that sticks out to me, “Most Dope, got you hooked, yellin', ''Rufio ``. This lyric when connected is saying how his crew got you hooked to their music like your Praising them.

~ Fuck ‘Em All
Fuck ‘Em All is the 17th and final song on the tape, this song feels like Mac is saying fuck all the haters that didn’t believe in him and he is showing that he can make it. With the last line in the chorus being Everythin' could be gone tomorrow So get your money, fuck 'em all into the outro i think it was A good ending to the Mixtape.

Overall I think this Mixtape in a way shaped Mac from the “Frat Rap” into the type of music he was experimenting with in Watching Movies With The Sound Off and Run On Sentences Vol. 1.

Happy 10th Birthday to Macadelic, A Mixtape by Mac Miller

• Jaguar Gilded

Last edited:
Macadelic
A Mixtape By Mac Miller

Macadelic was the seventh mixtape by rapper Mac Miller. It was released online via free digital download on March 23, 2012. It includes the hit single "Loud" and other songs like Fight The Feeling featuring Kendrick Lamar and Iman Omari. The 17 tracks Mac put out for this mixtape had many features on the tape like Lil Wayne, Cam’ron, Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$ and OF’s Casey Veggies

Releasing the tape:

The Same Day The Music Video For Loud Was Released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BYIEXzdnlY

Since its release, it has been downloaded over 1.3 million times and streamed over 1.5 million times from its official host, DatPiff. In 2018 Macadelic was remastered and commercially released to Streaming Services on May 4, 2018. Today is Macadelic's 9th Birthday and I thought it would be a good idea to write a little article about this piece of art. My favorite song on the tape is The Question, featuring Lil Wayne.

Analysis

Love Me As I Have Loved You is the intro to the mixtape, it is a woman speaking in french, seems to be her talking to Mac seeing if he is paying attention to her, leading into the second song Desperado.

~ Desperado
Desperado is the second song on the tape, it starts with some lasers that remind me of the lasers Kanye West would put on songs like ‘I Am Not Home’ and ‘On Sight’ into the drum beat that sounds so good. In this song I noticed that Mac rapped about Pitchfork and how they gave his first studio album Blue Slide Park a 1/10, he said in the song “Some devil with a pitchfork keep talkin' like he know me” and later in 2013 when Mac talked with Complex about how the poor reviews of BSP affected him he said this, “A lot of the reviews were more on me as a person. To be honest, that was even worse. You’re 19, you’re so excited to put out your first album, you put it out—and no one has any respect for you or for what you did.” all around this song talks from anything from Bad Reviews, To Ipods and even The Mascot Of The University Of Maryland.

~ Loud
Loud Is the 3rd song on the tape, To me Loud is like that song everybody plays at a party, everyones jamming out and wants to throw a Hype tune on, when it’s Mac that they play it tends to be Loud. The electric keyboard/trap like beat over it goes very well with the song, in this song he talks about having all the money you’d need and being depressed to the next lyric talking about selling out a show of his.

Thoughts From A Balcony is the 4th song on the tape. This song is about reflecting upon your life and in Mac’s case reflecting on his fame and living his dream. The song tells the story of Mac coming up in his career as a rapper and how it as affected him, there is a lyric that he says “And Now These Writers Takin’ Shots Without A Nikon” and that's relating back to the bad reviews on his Album Blue Slide Park. Overall this song is up there for my favorites on the tape.

~ Aliens Fighting Robots
Aliens Fighting Robots is the 5th song on the tape, on this song he collaborated with Sir Micheal Rocks and they rap about many different things like the movie ‘Catch Me If You Can’ starring Leonardo DiCapro, to sandwiches from Pirmantis (A local sandwich shop), to talking down on girls who wear Makeup because they are “Fake Like Orange Tanning”. On the chorus of the song Sir Michael Rocks raps about them falling down the same rabbit hole just looking for love but it will never happen because it tends to only happen when they are holding the drugs. I love the randomness of some of the lyrics but when blended together over this beat Ii think it’s really good

~ Vitamins
Vitamins is the 6th song on the tape, this song seems like a story about meeting a girl then hanging out with her to get messed up taking drugs that he didn’t know anything about, the last lyrics of the chorus goes “It took me to somewhere off the map and I don't think I'll ever find my way back, back” and I think he is talking about how when you do these drugs they open your mind up and they mess with you, he doesn’t know if he will ever be able to go back to his old self after this. This song seems like a little story but turns out to be way deeper than what’s expected

~ Fight The Feeling
Fight The Feeling is the 7th song on the tape, this track seems to be Mac, Kendrick and Iman talking about how doing these drugs fuck you up and now they aren’t trying to fight the feeling of doing these drugs because they are getting addictive, Mac goes “Can't start slippin' down these slopes 'cause it's all just downhill from there” which is talking about how once you do just one of a drug it’s all downhill from there and it won’t get better, it will always get worse.

~ Lucky Ass Bitch
Lucky Ass Bitch is the 8th song on the tape, this song is just Mac rapping about his events with some girl where they hung out, smoked weed, did drugs and had sex. Then Juicy J hops on and raps about the same stuff. This is probably my least favorite song on the tape.

~ The Mourning After
The Mourning After is the 9th song on the tape, this song is Mac talking about the Mourning after what i assume was a night of partying and drugs. He is with this girl who is unknown and Mac talks about how the mornings go after these nights, the girl is talking about how she is sober and doesn’t want to stay sober for long, in Macs lyric “Little angel, where's your halo? Somewhere above them horns” it seems like he is saying this girl is like his angel but at the same time is a devil who is being a negative influence on his life. Overall it is a good song.

~ 1 Threw 8
1 Threw 8 is the 10th Song on the tape, this song seems to be Mac talking about wanting to be the change in our “Destroyed” World, he criticizes stuff like Human Stupidity and Common Sense, he wonders if when he dies will people remember the good things he did instead of his “Mistakes”, to me i think He feels like his own worst enemy.

Ignorant is the 11th song on this tape, i believe this song is Mac and Cam’ron rapping about how they are getting ignorant as a side effect that’s coming with the Luxury lifestyle of being Rappers, Mac talks about how he just bought a new house and he is paying $500K to just paint it. This song is another good song from the tape, the flow is almost non stop and the beat with it goes perfectly

The Question is the 12th song on the tape, this song was the first of many songs Mac had made with a Highly Respected artist. In this song Mac and Lil Wayne talk about how they have made it but they don’t know who they are, they are still wondering What Are They Doing Here, this song is probably my second favorite off the tape and it’s widely a Fan Favorite

~ Angels
Angels is the 13th song on the tape, i believe that this song is about Macs Ex Nomi and how he felt a high being with her and he’d try replicating it by taking drugs when she wasn’t with him. With this beat being so unique with the distorted and chopped up Words on the sample it still perfectly fits in with the song, overall a very good song all together.

Sunlight is the 14th song on the tape, this song has that old school beat vibe and reminds me of the song La La La. After listening I feel this song is about how it was just dark because it was the beginning of his career and there was sunlight ahead in his career, overall Mac’s lyrics on this song and Iman's outro are really good.

~ Clarity
Clarity is the 15th song on the tape, this song has Mac on an auto tune over a well put together beat. Mac talks first about how he wants a girl who actually loves him and not his money, then he talks about how he really loves this girl thinking that they will be connected forever, the chorus of this song is thanking the girl for taking away Macs pain, he will always be waiting for the chance he gets to repay her.

America is the 16th song on the tape, this song was the only song Mac and Joey ever Collaborated on but they made it a good one, this song talks about many different things going on in everyone's life but there’s one thing that seems to connect them all together, drugs. There is a lyric on the song referencing the movie Hook featuring Robin Williams that sticks out to me, “Most Dope, got you hooked, yellin', ''Rufio ``. This lyric when connected is saying how his crew got you hooked to their music like your Praising them.

~ Fuck ‘Em All
Fuck ‘Em All is the 17th and final song on the tape, this song feels like Mac is saying fuck all the haters that didn’t believe in him and he is showing that he can make it. With the last line in the chorus being Everythin' could be gone tomorrow So get your money, fuck 'em all into the outro i think it was A good ending to the Mixtape.

Overall I think this Mixtape in a way shaped Mac from the “Frat Rap” into the type of music he was experimenting with in Watching Movies With The Sound Off and Run On Sentences Vol. 1.

Happy 9th Birthday to Macadelic, A Mixtape by Mac Miller

Thank you for reading to the end, I hope you enjoyed it.

• Reuben
Good post Reuben my friend hope I can see more of that

Reactions: Frst
Ni
Macadelic
A Mixtape By Mac Miller

Releasing the tape:

Analysis

~ Desperado

~ Loud

~ Aliens Fighting Robots

~ Vitamins

~ Fight The Feeling

~ Lucky Ass Bitch

~ The Mourning After

~ 1 Threw 8

~ Angels

~ Clarity

~ Fuck ‘Em All

Happy 9th Birthday to Macadelic, A Mixtape by Mac Miller

Thank you for reading to the end, I hope you enjoyed it.

• Reuben
Liked the article a lot. I won’t say I didn’t listen to music back then, but I did kinda ignore it in my middle school years so I wasn’t really apart of the mixtape era except Cole & Keef’s there tapes were hard back in the day so I never heard Macadelic but after reading, I think I’ll give it a listen. I can tell you put a lot of effort in to making this. Great job :sweeped:

Reactions: Frst
Ni

Liked the article a lot. I won’t say I didn’t listen to music back then, but I did kinda ignore it in my middle school years so I wasn’t really apart of the mixtape era except Cole & Keef’s there tapes were hard back in the day so I never heard Macadelic but after reading, I think I’ll give it a listen. I can tell you put a lot of effort in to making this. Great job :sweeped:
Thank you, and I’d recommend listening to Macs discography from start to finish if you would like to get into him because you can listen and go with him as he matured and grew as a rapper, from frat rap to psychedelic rap to chill music, everything is so good

Top Bottom