Review : Camila Cabello - Romance

PicsArt_03-17-01.18.38.jpg (Banner Made By Me/ Pic : Epic Records ©)
20210316_231601.png
Release Date : December 6, 2019
Label : Simco/Epic Records
Length : 14 tracks, 46min and 47 seconds
Cover Art : 801958075d9be341ce7010c32f4524d4.jpg
After the release of her self-titled debut album "CAMILA" , Camila Cabello starts working on her 2nd studio album "Romance" , an album highly focused on talking about love and all its spheres.
Before the album release in December 2019 Camila made several collaborations during 2019 like "South Of The Border" with Ed Sheeran & Cardi B , "Mi Persona Favorita" with Alejandro Sanz , "Find U Again" with Mark Ronson and the global hit "Señorita" with Shawn Mendes which later entered her album as the 5th track and on the deluxe of Shawn Mendes' 3rd studio album, the track known to all was a hit on all digital platforms and radios all over the world.

a4a9123a3a34b6b67bfd8f27bc54837e.gif
(Señorita MV)

Months after all the buzz of "Señorita" ,
During the creative process of the album that had been coming since the beginning of 2019, camila posted many photos and stories on instagram saying she was in the studio working on her second studio album ,

showing snippets of songs like "Easy" and "Living Proof" that later both made it onto the album :

also putting the lyrics of some of the songs made for the album in the captions of her photos

and always hinting at the theme of the album with the following emojis : "???".

Then on September 3rd Camila announces the release of 2 singles "Shameless" and "Liar" following the same strategy of her debut album, Shameless got a music video on the debut, the music video of Liar came later and still surpassing the numbers of Shameless, both tracks when released get good numbers but not the expected result compared to her first album, Then on October 2nd Camila announces the release of "Cry For Me" that also doesn't have a pleasant result on digital platforms.

1e4f2671c20eea1389485228cf391f60.gif
(Shameless MV)

On October 9th , Camila announces "Easy" which follows the steps of "Cry For Me" not getting much attention from the public and not very good results.
Then Camila finishes her album during October and announces on November 13 the release of Romance for December 6.
The album is released and debuts at #3 on Billboard's Popular Albums Chart "Billboard 200" even though it leaked a week before its release only without the track "My Oh My" featuring Dababy.

EasygoingWellinformedEft-size_restricted.gif
(My Oh My performance with Dababy on Jimmy Fallon)

NOW LET'S GO TO THE REVIEW :

?1) Shameless
• Duration - 3 : 39
• Highlight Of The Song - Pre-Chrous
• Favorite Lyric : "So We're There , Now It's Real, Now that you have me do you want me still?"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : This track gives me chills every time I listen to it, I haven't heard something like this coming from camila before, the guitars and her husky voice in the pre-chorus are everything to me, as well as the involving melody that makes you want to scream, when we get to the chorus the beat doesn't fail and camila delivers everything we expect touching the soul and bringing a very strong emotion, pop/rock is something I would like to hear more from camila, I couldn't imagine how good she would be in this.

?2) Living Proof
• Duration - 3 : 14
• Highlight Of The Song - Chorus
• Favorite Lyric : "Show your demons, and i might show you mine"
• Rate - 8.5/10
• Review : I initially did not like this track, for me it was something very experimental for camila and that left me surprised, but with time I fell in love with the track and it takes me to a parallel universe listening to it, the highs in the chorus are the peak of the song (we will never reach), highlighting the vocal range of camila, the lyrics reflect sex in an angelic way, the clip also brings much of what we feel when listening to the track, personification of the feelings about someone in a relationship.

?3) Should've Said It
• Duration - 3 : 20
• Highlight Of The Song - Last Chorus
• Favorite Lyric : "You're Only Lonely, Now that you ain't the one to hold me"
• Rate - 8/10
• Review : With latin roots in this track and talking about someone who didn't tell her he liked her but now wants her, the track brings a fun beat and a catchy instrumental also showing camila's vocal range in one of her best forms, the last chorus with the adlibs elevates the track to another level, camila plays with her voice and sings with all indignation about the guy who now wants her (Shawn Mendes), on my first listen to the album, this was definitely my favorite track, but with time it became commonplace for me.

?4) My Oh My(Feat.DaBaby)
• Duration - 2 : 50
• Highlight Of The Song - Pre-Chorus
• Favorite Lyric : "I Swear on my life that i've been a good girl, tonight i don't wanna be her"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE , the track is very fun and danceable , camila unleashes her bad bitch on this track alongside dababy making this a highlight track for radios and video apps like "TikTok" in which the track went viral in January 2020, In the last verse Camila surprises us again with her voice giving us great notes, the melody and the beat are captivating making you say "MY OH MY" all day long.

?5) Señorita (Feat.Shawn Mendes)
• Duration - 3 : 10
• Favorite Lyric : "You say we're just friends, but friends don't know the way you taste"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : Despite being a track saturated by radios and music apps worldwide for its resounding success I LOVE it since the release, the delicacy in the voice of Camila and Shawn makes me want to enjoy, the guitar and the guitar are involving and relaxing, the melody is unforgettable, and the chorus sticks in your head making you sing it all day long, the way their voices fit in this song is perfect and certainly deserves the success it had.

?6) Liar
• Duration - 3 : 27
• Favorite Lyric : "I Said i won't loose control, i don't want it, i said i won't get too close, but i can't stop it"
• Rate - 8.8/10
• Review : The song is a lot of fun, the trumpets are beautiful and captivating, the latin notes mixed with reggae are catchy and make you want to dance, camila's voice in the pre-refroses are heaven, and her adlibs in the last chorus make the song complete, the biggest highlight of this track is definitely the trumpets, what doesn't let me give it a 10 are moments like the 2nd chorus that cut the vibe of the chorus for me.

?7) Bad Kind Of Butterflies
• Duration - 2 : 49
• Favorite Lyric : "bad butterflies in my chest, there's something i gotta confess"
• Rate - 9/10
• Review : For me this is a totally experimental sound for camila and when I heard it for the first time I missed something, I thought the track was incomplete but with time I really say that this is in my top 5, the lyrics talk about something you need to confess that makes you feel bad, relating anxiety, the last chorus gives me chills with camila's vocal techniques, it's a dark and impacting song with a very strong meaning.

?8) Easy
• Favorite Lyric :
"You really, really know me
The future and the old me
All of the mazes and the madness in my mind"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : I LOVE THIS SONG, the lyrics are delicate and passionate, it seems that it was written with a golden pen, it touches my feelings deeply and makes me fly, the track is intense and the chorus comes with everything, the drums make it very complete with the beats and camila's vocals, "touch me till i find myself" is sung in a way that touches me with an impeccable melodic line relaxing me and flying to the sky.

?9) Feel It Twice
• Duration - 3 : 08
• Highlight Of The Song - 2nd Verse
• Favorite Lyric : "I Know Love is the Loneliest Place when you fall alone"
• Rate - 6.5/10
• Review : This track has very beautiful lyrics and a similar message to "Should've Said It" if you relate, unfortunately it's not one of my favorites because the melody doesn't touch me and the song becomes boring in many moments, the clarity in camila's vocals makes the track very beautiful, it's a heartbreak song with two roads, either you love it or you hate it, but the production of the track is amazing.

?10) Dream Of You
• Duration - 3 : 42
• Highlight Of The Song - First Verse
• Favorite Lyric : "And You squeeze my hands two times , three times , and believe me, i love you always"
• Rate - 7.3/10
• Review : This song is very intimate and romantic, the production is amazing and makes you feel in the clouds, the melody is amazing and the guitars are a dream while camila sings about dreaming of someone being in love, what doesn't hold me to this track is how she sings in the pre-chorus, the rise in "DreAAm of yOu" doesn't satisfy me because it seems impropy there taking away my vibe from the track which overall is amazing, the vocal delivery in the last chorus is impacting.

?11) Cry For Me
• Duration - 3 : 09
• Favorite Lyric : "I want you to cry for me, say you'd die for me"
• Rate - 8.4/10
• Review : the guitars and vocal delivery on this song are EVERYTHING. Camila goes into her bad bitch mode again in a pop/rock song dramatically singing about a love that he would die for her, and do anything for her, it's a very fun track and I throw myself into it right away, great to listen to in moments of anger, in the last chorus Camila's vocal range surprises us again with her going as high as possible with her voice and putting all her emotion into the track, this one is not a number 10 only because in some moments depending on how you are, it becomes a little boring to listen to.

?12) This Love
• Duration - 3 : 40
• Favorite Lyric : "fuck this love calling my name, get out of my veins"
• Rate - 8.8/10
• Review : the production of the song and the emotion in camila's voice are 10/10 in this track in which camila sings about a love that she doesn't care anymore, and that this love can be fucked, also about a kind of "toxic" love, the chorus comes with the beat and camila's vocals throwing you into the vibe of the song like a Ferris wheel, the track reminds me of "Love On The Brain" by Rihanna, and was my 2nd favorite on the first listen of the album.

?13) Used To This
• Duration - 3 : 30
• Favorite Lyric : "I've known you forever, now i know you better, let's just get carried away"
• Rate - 9.6/10
• Review : The production on this track is INSANE, the sound effects, and the passionate lyrics make you fall in love with this track. camila sings in a soft and angelic passionate and cute way about moments with a love, I think this track is very beautiful and captivating, Finneas work on the track was amazing, I hope he and camila work together again.

?14) First Man
• Duration - 3 : 48
• Favorite Lyric : "You held me so tight now someone else can"
• Rate - 8/10
• Review : Camila's personal song for her father, first leaked song that she released, I loved it when it was unreleased but I saturated and at the release I found it "cute". I understand that it is personal to camila, the instrumental with the piano and the lyrics are beautiful, one day if I have a son I will feel the song more deeply maybe.

f150c97d74e04c91f07f31e0830864e2.gif

⭐Final/General Review:
Romance for me was an album very well done and with a very beautiful work about it, unfortunately with a bad marketing throwing away the hype of many good songs and that deserved much more attention, but it is still a beautiful way to sing about love and all its spheres, I can't wait for camila's next album and see what she will sing about, now it's up to you :

Q&A ♥️ :

• What Are Your Favorite Tracks?
• What is missing in this album?
• What is the strong point of the album?
• Would you exchange any track for a leaked one?
• Should the Album have had a Deluxe?

☆ Extra
(Unreleased/Leaked Tracks Made For The Album) :

7a99f4c421c878e3574a6340ddd91b1a.gif

© Written by Crownx on Leaked.is | 2021

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 2883 (Banner Made By Me/ Pic : Epic Records ©)
View attachment 1728
Release Date : December 6, 2019
Label : Simco/Epic Records
Length : 14 tracks, 46min and 47 seconds
Cover Art : View attachment 1720
After the release of her self-titled debut album "CAMILA" , Camila Cabello starts working on her 2nd studio album "Romance" , an album highly focused on talking about love and all its spheres.
Before the album release in December 2019 Camila made several collaborations during 2019 like "South Of The Border" with Ed Sheeran & Cardi B , "Mi Persona Favorita" with Alejandro Sanz , "Find U Again" with Mark Ronson and the global hit "Señorita" with Shawn Mendes which later entered her album as the 5th track and on the deluxe of Shawn Mendes' 3rd studio album, the track known to all was a hit on all digital platforms and radios all over the world.

View attachment 1722
(Señorita MV)

Months after all the buzz of "Señorita" ,
During the creative process of the album that had been coming since the beginning of 2019, camila posted many photos and stories on instagram saying she was in the studio working on her second studio album ,

showing snippets of songs like "Easy" and "Living Proof" that later both made it onto the album :

also putting the lyrics of some of the songs made for the album in the captions of her photos

and always hinting at the theme of the album with the following emojis : "???".

Then on September 3rd Camila announces the release of 2 singles "Shameless" and "Liar" following the same strategy of her debut album, Shameless got a music video on the debut, the music video of Liar came later and still surpassing the numbers of Shameless, both tracks when released get good numbers but not the expected result compared to her first album, Then on October 2nd Camila announces the release of "Cry For Me" that also doesn't have a pleasant result on digital platforms.

View attachment 1723
(Shameless MV)

On October 9th , Camila announces "Easy" which follows the steps of "Cry For Me" not getting much attention from the public and not very good results.
Then Camila finishes her album during October and announces on November 13 the release of Romance for December 6.
The album is released and debuts at #3 on Billboard's Popular Albums Chart "Billboard 200" even though it leaked a week before its release only without the track "My Oh My" featuring Dababy.

View attachment 1724
(My Oh My performance with Dababy on Jimmy Fallon)

NOW LET'S GO TO THE REVIEW :

?1) Shameless
• Duration - 3 : 39
• Highlight Of The Song - Pre-Chrous
• Favorite Lyric : "So We're There , Now It's Real, Now that you have me do you want me still?"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : This track gives me chills every time I listen to it, I haven't heard something like this coming from camila before, the guitars and her husky voice in the pre-chorus are everything to me, as well as the involving melody that makes you want to scream, when we get to the chorus the beat doesn't fail and camila delivers everything we expect touching the soul and bringing a very strong emotion, pop/rock is something I would like to hear more from camila, I couldn't imagine how good she would be in this.

?2) Living Proof
• Favorite Lyric : "Show your demons, and i might show you mine"
• Rate - 8.5/10
• Review : I initially did not like this track, for me it was something very experimental for camila and that left me surprised, but with time I fell in love with the track and it takes me to a parallel universe listening to it, the highs in the chorus are the peak of the song (we will never reach), highlighting the vocal range of camila, the lyrics reflect sex in an angelic way, the clip also brings much of what we feel when listening to the track, personification of the feelings about someone in a relationship.

?3) Should've Said It
• Duration - 3 : 20
• Favorite Lyric : "You're Only Lonely, Now that you ain't the one to hold me"
• Rate - 8/10
• Review : With latin roots in this track and talking about someone who didn't tell her he liked her but now wants her, the track brings a fun beat and a catchy instrumental also showing camila's vocal range in one of her best forms, the last chorus with the adlibs elevates the track to another level, camila plays with her voice and sings with all indignation about the guy who now wants her (Shawn Mendes), on my first listen to the album, this was definitely my favorite track, but with time it became commonplace for me.

?4) My Oh My(Feat.DaBaby)
• Duration - 2 : 50
• Highlight Of The Song - Pre-Chorus
• Favorite Lyric : "I Swear on my life that i've been a good girl, tonight i don't wanna be her"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE , the track is very fun and danceable , camila unleashes her bad bitch on this track alongside dababy making this a highlight track for radios and video apps like "TikTok" in which the track went viral in January 2020, In the last verse Camila surprises us again with her voice giving us great notes, the melody and the beat are captivating making you say "MY OH MY" all day long.

?5) Señorita (Feat.Shawn Mendes)
• Duration - 3 : 10
• Favorite Lyric : "You say we're just friends, but friends don't know the way you taste"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : Despite being a track saturated by radios and music apps worldwide for its resounding success I LOVE it since the release, the delicacy in the voice of Camila and Shawn makes me want to enjoy, the guitar and the guitar are involving and relaxing, the melody is unforgettable, and the chorus sticks in your head making you sing it all day long, the way their voices fit in this song is perfect and certainly deserves the success it had.

?6) Liar
• Duration - 3 : 27
• Favorite Lyric : "I Said i won't loose control, i don't want it, i said i won't get too close, but i can't stop it"
• Rate - 8.8/10
• Review : The song is a lot of fun, the trumpets are beautiful and captivating, the latin notes mixed with reggae are catchy and make you want to dance, camila's voice in the pre-refroses are heaven, and her adlibs in the last chorus make the song complete, the biggest highlight of this track is definitely the trumpets, what doesn't let me give it a 10 are moments like the 2nd chorus that cut the vibe of the chorus for me.

?7) Bad Kind Of Butterflies
• Duration - 2 : 49
• Favorite Lyric : "bad butterflies in my chest, there's something i gotta confess"
• Rate - 9/10
• Review : For me this is a totally experimental sound for camila and when I heard it for the first time I missed something, I thought the track was incomplete but with time I really say that this is in my top 5, the lyrics talk about something you need to confess that makes you feel bad, relating anxiety, the last chorus gives me chills with camila's vocal techniques, it's a dark and impacting song with a very strong meaning.

?8) Easy
• Favorite Lyric :
"You really, really know me
The future and the old me
All of the mazes and the madness in my mind"
• Rate - 10/10
• Review : I LOVE THIS SONG, the lyrics are delicate and passionate, it seems that it was written with a golden pen, it touches my feelings deeply and makes me fly, the track is intense and the chorus comes with everything, the drums make it very complete with the beats and camila's vocals, "touch me till i find myself" is sung in a way that touches me with an impeccable melodic line relaxing me and flying to the sky.

?9) Feel It Twice
• Duration - 3 : 08
• Favorite Lyric : "I Know Love is the Loneliest Place when you fall alone"
• Rate - 6.5/10
• Review : This track has very beautiful lyrics and a similar message to "Should've Said It" if you relate, unfortunately it's not one of my favorites because the melody doesn't touch me and the song becomes boring in many moments, the clarity in camila's vocals makes the track very beautiful, it's a heartbreak song with two roads, either you love it or you hate it, but the production of the track is amazing.

?10) Dream Of You
• Duration - 3 : 42
• Highlight Of The Song - First Verse
• Favorite Lyric : "And You squeeze my hands two times , three times , and believe me, i love you always"
• Rate - 7.3/10
• Review : This song is very intimate and romantic, the production is amazing and makes you feel in the clouds, the melody is amazing and the guitars are a dream while camila sings about dreaming of someone being in love, what doesn't hold me to this track is how she sings in the pre-chorus, the rise in "DreAAm of yOu" doesn't satisfy me because it seems impropy there taking away my vibe from the track which overall is amazing, the vocal delivery in the last chorus is impacting.

?11) Cry For Me
• Duration - 3 : 09
• Favorite Lyric : "I want you to cry for me, say you'd die for me"
• Rate - 8.4/10
• Review : the guitars and vocal delivery on this song are EVERYTHING. Camila goes into her bad bitch mode again in a pop/rock song dramatically singing about a love that he would die for her, and do anything for her, it's a very fun track and I throw myself into it right away, great to listen to in moments of anger, in the last chorus Camila's vocal range surprises us again with her going as high as possible with her voice and putting all her emotion into the track, this one is not a number 10 only because in some moments depending on how you are, it becomes a little boring to listen to.

?12) This Love
• Duration - 3 : 40
• Favorite Lyric : "fuck this love calling my name, get out of my veins"
• Rate - 8.8/10
• Review : the production of the song and the emotion in camila's voice are 10/10 in this track in which camila sings about a love that she doesn't care anymore, and that this love can be fucked, also about a kind of "toxic" love, the chorus comes with the beat and camila's vocals throwing you into the vibe of the song like a Ferris wheel, the track reminds me of "Love On The Brain" by Rihanna, and was my 2nd favorite on the first listen of the album.

?13) Used To This
• Duration - 3 : 30
• Favorite Lyric : "I've known you forever, now i know you better, let's just get carried away"
• Rate - 9.6/10
• Review : The production on this track is INSANE, the sound effects, and the passionate lyrics make you fall in love with this track. camila sings in a soft and angelic passionate and cute way about moments with a love, I think this track is very beautiful and captivating, Finneas work on the track was amazing, I hope he and camila work together again.

?14) First Man
• Duration - 3 : 48
• Favorite Lyric : "You held me so tight now someone else can"
• Rate - 8/10
• Review : Camila's personal song for her father, first leaked song that she released, I loved it when it was unreleased but I saturated and at the release I found it "cute". I understand that it is personal to camila, the instrumental with the piano and the lyrics are beautiful, one day if I have a son I will feel the song more deeply maybe.

View attachment 1729

⭐Final/General Review:
Romance for me was an album very well done and with a very beautiful work about it, unfortunately with a bad marketing throwing away the hype of many good songs and that deserved much more attention, but it is still a beautiful way to sing about love and all its spheres, I can't wait for camila's next album and see what she will sing about, now it's up to you :

Q&A ♥️ :

☆ Extra
(Unreleased/Leaked Tracks Made For The Album) :

View attachment 1730

© Written by Crownx on Leaked.is | 2021
Great review @crownx ?

Great use of the color scheme and emojis that fit with the album. Reviews are fair, you give you're opinions on each song and signify which part you enjoyed, talking about the different melodies and songs they relate to. But if only you were here to see the outcome of your work:verysad:

• Sad
Reactions: eth
shameless, cry for me and feel it twice
a good promo and more pop rock songs
i think it's the way she describes love and her personal experiences in various ways and metaphors
bkob for taxi, señorita for eyes on you and doy for anyone
of course!! i don't know what camila has against deluxe albums and bonus tracks

D
Good to know as soon as I go on leakedis I get greeted by Camilla's tits

• cwl
Reactions: JesusTank
Top Bottom