Eternal Atake: how Lil Uzi Vert almost released the greatest rap album of all time but decided to release 62 minutes of pure dogshit

LUVVTW12.jpg

In 2017, Lil Uzi Vert would release his long awaited debut studio album, Luv Is Rage 2. The album was a huge success and marked a milestone in his career. It would go on to sell 208k in it's first two weeks, debuting #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It is certified double platinum by the RIAA as we speak. Things were looking great for Uzi, as we thought. Many were curious to see what was next for the little man. Will he ever top this? Spoiler alert:
no.
What came after was a shock to many fans alike.

2018:

July 16: Lil Uzi Vert teases the album title.

The big revelation as to what his next move will be, he officially teases Eternal Atake on Twitter.

Eternal means forever.
Atake means 2 overtake.

šŸŒšŸŒ”šŸŒ—šŸŒ˜šŸŒ‘.

July 24th: For his 24th birthday, Lil Uzi Vert would post, what is presumably, the album cover to the first version of Eternal Atake. This album cover is a direct reference from the Heaven's Gate cult, infamously know for the mass suicide of their members in 1997. Lil Uzi Vert would also further go on a teasing spree.

Unfortunately, Lil Uzi Vert has since deleted the post on all of his socials for unknown reasons but here is a screengrab:

August 3rd: Heaven's Gate cult send threats to Lil Uzi Vert

The crazed lunatics where not proud at all of the eternal-touch of their branding. Sent to Genius.com through email, their representative spoke out against Lil Uzi Vert:

"He is using and adapting our copyrights and trademarks without our permission and the infringement will be taken up with our attorneys. This is not fair use or parody, it it a direct and clear infringement."

Comparing with the original Eternal Atake cover, here is the Heaven's Gate logo:

September 18: Lil Uzi Vert releases one of the best songs in his discography, the highly anticipated New Patek.

Widely considered to be the unofficial lead single to Eternal Atake, Lil Uzi Vert would release this song three months after he posted his viral now-deleted video of him dancing to a snippet of the song.

September 24: 1600 (Rager Anthem) leaks on leakth.is.

For those who have been in the leak community long enough might remember the predecessor to leaked.cx, leakth.is. Without going into much detail, leakth.is worked in the same way that leaked.cx does now. Lil Uzi Vert had many of his songs leaked in 2018 but there are two major songs that were leaked that would further change the trajectory of his album: 1600 (Rager Anthem) and Of Course (Intro). The leaks of these two, plus others (and even more the following year), would pin Lil Uzi Vert into a creative gridlock, forcing him to redo his entire album, giving his fans something new while stifling his creative process and ultimately putting his career in jeopardy.

October 13: Of Course (Intro) leaks on leakth.is.

Another big blow to Lil Uzi Vert, the presumed intro to the original version of Eternal Atake, Of Course (Intro), leaks online. Once again, Lil Uzi Vert becomes washed ashore and heads back to the drawing board.

December 8: Lil Uzi Vert reveals Eternal Atake is finished.

After the troubled journey of battling haters, leaks, label issues and other tribulations, Lil Uzi Vert reveals that he has completed his album. But releasing the album will be a problem of it's own.

2019:

January 11: Lil Uzi Vert retires from music.

In frustration with his label, Lil Uzi Vert retires from music at the peak of his career. This left many fans stunned. Tensions grow high with Lil Uzi Vert and his team behind closed doors.

March 23: Further fueling label woes, DJ Drama reveals that Lil Uzi Vert is allowed to release Eternal Atake whenever he feels like, passing blame back to Lil Uzi.

A game of hot potato; back and forth bickering, DJ Drama, co-founder and co-head of Lil Uzi Vert's label Generation Now.

March 26: Roc Nation approaches Lil Uzi Vert to save him out of his label battle.

H to the izzo. V to the izza. A day after this, Roc Nation would officially claim Lil Uzi Vert as one of their own. This will be a major step for Lil Uzi Vert's career.

March 28: Lil Uzi Vert self releases his song, Free Uzi.

Continuing the war of label disputes, Lil Uzi Vert would go on to release his new song, Free Uzi, without any of his labels approval. He did this by distributing the song onto streaming services through DistroKid. Accompanying the song would be a music video. This is his first single since releasing New Patek back in September 18, 2018. This would not be a single for Eternal Atake, rather a throwaway.

March 28: Free Uzi is removed from streaming services.

According to insider sources, the reason this song was taken down was not because he did not get label approval, but for he did not clear the sample. Free Uzi was a remix of G Herbo's 2012 song Gangway.

March 31: Lil Uzi Vert gets hacked; multiple songs including That's A Rack and Sanguine Paradise leak on Discord.

A rough way to end the month, Lil Uzi Vert gets a multitude of his songs stolen from him and leaked online. These included That's A Rack and Sanguine Paradise (which was leaked as Money Keep Coming). Lil Uzi Vert would later go on to address the leaks on his Instagram story:

April 9: That's A Rack and Sanguine Paradise would officially release.

In a pressure move from his label, Lil Uzi Vert would go on to give his fans not one but two new songs. These songs performed really well and his fans generally liked it.

April 11: Producer of Sanguine Paradise and longtime collaborator, Brandon Finessin is interviewed by Genius on the making of the song.

Brandon Finessin is interviewed by Genius on how the song was made, the sample of the song and the status of Eternal Atake. Most notably he had this to say about the album, which was not currently out at the time of this interview:

Fans are still waiting on the release of Eternal Atake, and Finesse offered some insight into Uziā€™s headspace while working on the project.

ā€œHeā€™s one of the most creative people that Iā€™ve ever met in my life, and thatā€™s tough man. Itā€™s tough because heā€™s such a perfectionist that weā€™ve probably had 11 versions of Eternal Atake,ā€ Finesse explained. ā€œHe records every day. But heā€™s not gonna put it out until he feels like every one is to his liking, and sometimes that pace is gonna be slower than what his fans like. So we get it. We understand, but equally speaking heā€™s working on the best music of his life. Thatā€™s gonna take time.ā€

Unfortunately he didnā€™t have an exact timeline to offer. ā€œI donā€™t have any supreme inside information,ā€ he said. ā€œBut Iā€™ll say this: itā€™s close. And what I mean by close is he knows what it is. Itā€™s like walking in the closet and you have 100 pairs of sneakers but you can only pack for seven days. So does he have the material? Shit yeah. Does he have it? Yes. But at the end of the day people want him to put out an album before heā€™s happy with it in his business.ā€

May 12: Lil Uzi Vert reveals that he has finished Eternal Atake.

Just like last time, we won't be seeing the album anytime soon.

ā€œAin't this about a bitch? So y'all ready for this motherfucking album? Nah, it don't sound like y'all ready. That sound like y'all ready for somebody else's album. I said, y'all ready for my album? Okay, bye.ā€

December 12: Lil Uzi Vert releases the first official lead single for Eternal Atake, Futsal Shuffle 2020

2020:

March 1: Lil Uzi Vert releases his second single off of Eternal Atake, That Way.

March 6: Lil Uzi Vert releases his highly anticipated album Eternal Atake. It would go on to sell nearly 300k first week and 400 million during it's streaming debut.

March 13: Lil Uzi Vert would release Lil Uzi Vert Vs. The World 2, the sequel to his highly acclaimed and beloved 2016 mixtape, as a deluxe to Eternal Atake.

Personal assessment:

The Eternal Atake era is longer than this thread. Much longer and much messier. There were a lot of events that were not named such as the Rich the Kid and Lil Uzi Vert beef for sake of staying on topic. To close this article, I would like to pitch in my two cents:

Eternal Atake was not good. Eternal Atake was also not bad. It was clear as day that Lil Uzi Vert felt the pressure after witnessing his songs leak onto the internet and instead of pushing through it, he folded. He has an affinity of reinventing himself. Forcing himself to try new things. While this isn't generally a bad thing, to Uzi comes a rare exception. This is where the arch from facing failure to meeting success archs twice and creates a full circle. Lil Uzi Vert overworked himself when there was no need to. Eternal Atake would have been an amazing album if he had just completed the first version and ignored the internet. The album was changed so many times that it had lost it's Eternal Atake-esque feel. The album we have now feels like he freestyled every song, throwing in whatever, rapping on any beat he could find. The album felt cheap. It did not feel like a Lil Uzi album. He had the ball right in his hands but for whatever reason he dropped it. This exact same logic can be applied to Playboi Carti. His album Whole Lotta Red has faced many setbacks (leaks mainly) since conception in 2018 or so. Carti reinvented himself so many times that he lost the original idea. When you keep on changing, you will end up forgetting WHY you keep on doing what you do. Lil Uzi Vert has hit his peak and the future for him does not look very good. Whether you call him Symere or Myron, just remember that he will always pull up in a lamb and not a Lotus. Rest in peace to Bean aka Kobe as we say Yessirskiii to his legacy. I wish to say Wassup to Lil Uzi Vert and feed him Strawberry Peels and tell him that I Can Show You a thing or two on how to make a great album. Lil Uzi Vert and the Moon Relate on different levels. Whether they are telling their followers to Come This Way or to avoid the Trap This Way, just know they will guide you like a No Auto transmission. His Money is Spread out like a deli. I guess you can say he has Got The Guap. We need more Leaders in this world. I am looking forward to start biolife on Baby Pluto. Do you think Pescatarian Uzi Vert is aware that Lo Mein contains meat? Maybe his Silly Watch is distracing him from all that meat he is about to take. I bet he would love to eat POPcorn as an alternative. If you see Lil Uzi Vert enter the building then You Better Move because he is gonna look flyer than a freshman's first Homecoming. Once he flexes, do not expect him to say I'm Sorry because he will turn the room into a Celebration Station. His whole fit costs Bigger Than your Life and the pants even still has it's Chrome Heart Tags. Everytime he meets with his jeweler he eagerly tells him to Bust Me. He does not care about the Prices. He buys every watch with Urgency. In order to take a trip to Venetia, he must first Secure The Bag. This is not a challenge to Lil Uzi at all. Shout out to Playboi Carti for being his P2. Who would win in a challenge of the both of them doing the Futsal Shuffle together? That Way we can see who is the better dancer among the two.

In conclusion, go spend your time listening to something better other than a Lil Uzi Vert project. This thread took me two days to complete by the way.

This is actually facts eternal atake is genuinely the most mediocre uzi album ever made and everything heā€™s previewed recently is trash

Reactions: sahillal
niggas mad bc he outselled 3x wlr
Thats on carti for teasing the pissy pamper snippet again right before the drop,not dropping any singles,dropping on christmas so he didnt chart that much cause of all the christmas songs,not communicating with his fans etc etc. More of how he handled it less the quality of the music imo

could have done like 250kish with it if he did it right šŸ˜¤

Reactions: 4PF Rylo
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Uzi. u wouldnt say this shit to him at a show, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol
They're gonna copy pasta you bro, don't try to use logic here

You had me til the very end and then it was just cringe. Also Uzi himself admitted that EA wasn't what he wanted. Probably why he took this year off, trying to recapture that spark.

Whether you call him Symere or Myron, just remember that he will always pull up in a lamb and not a Lotus. Rest in peace to Bean aka Kobe as we say Yessirskiii to his legacy. I wish to say Wassup to Lil Uzi Vert and feed him Strawberry Peels and tell him that I Can Show You a thing or two on how to make a great album. Lil Uzi Vert and the Moon Relate on different levels. Whether they are telling their followers to Come This Way or to avoid the Trap This Way, just know they will guide you like a No Auto transmission. His Money is Spread out like a deli. I guess you can say he has Got The Guap. We need more Leaders in this world. I am looking forward to start biolife on Baby Pluto. Do you think Pescatarian Uzi Vert is aware that Lo Mein contains meat? Maybe his Silly Watch is distracing him from all that meat he is about to take. I bet he would love to eat POPcorn as an alternative. If you see Lil Uzi Vert enter the building then You Better Move because he is gonna look flyer than a freshman's first Homecoming. Once he flexes, do not expect him to say I'm Sorry because he will turn the room into a Celebration Station. His whole fit costs Bigger Than your Life and the pants even still has it's Chrome Heart Tags. Everytime he meets with his jeweler he eagerly tells him to Bust Me. He does not care about the Prices. He buys every watch with Urgency. In order to take a trip to Venetia, he must first Secure The Bag. This is not a challenge to Lil Uzi at all. Shout out to Playboi Carti for being his P2. Who would win in a challenge of the both of them doing the Futsal Shuffle together? That Way we can see who is the better dancer among the two.

• cwl
Reactions: Thirdeye
Didn't read. If you can't enjoy a very decent album that was just badly put together, your loss then :shrugged: stay mad knowing damn well its better than 99% of what these other artists dropped including wlr

Top Bottom