DISCUSSION Thoughts on the Fantano predicament?

N N

Legendary Member
Feb 3, 2021
Basically Fantano gave Isaiah Rashad’s album a mid rating and is getting backlash both from viewers and Rashad himself. Many are saying a white guy like Fantano has no right to judge or critic “black music”.

Thoughts? Is there “black” and “white” music? Can white people critic “black music”?

In my opinion Fantano has become very vocal about politics recently so its fitting to say the least to see the SJWs come after him. As for “black” and “white” music I’ve always seen music from America as American music, I’m confused as to why people are so closed minded and segregated with something as innocent as music

Akira

Feb 1, 2021
Nah we’re all humans. This divisiveness is backtracking us to pre civil rights era. Anyone has the right to criticize anyone regardless of race, gender, religion, creed etc etc. It’s kind of terrifying we’re going back to modest forms of voluntary segregation.

Blaze

Family Member
Feb 3, 2021
as a black guy there’s nothing wrong with what fantano doing if anything they should be thankful cause that shit trending now this literally promo

az123

Poopy-di scoop Scoop-diddy-whoop
Feb 6, 2021
I don’t agree with the rating but anyone is allowed to listen to the music and judge it.

cc8

Feb 5, 2021
as a black man, the idea that Fantano’s opinion is in any way less valid just because he’s white is fucking ridiculous (especially because Fantano is a rap and hip hop fan, so claims of racism or bias can’t be used). I don’t agree with everything melon says but it never made any sense to me that people would get angry over it.

Top Bottom