Review: Justin Bieber's Journals Album

Journals is remarkably Justin Bieber’s best album he has ever created. From the r&b vibes of “swap it out” to the slow ballad of “change me”. Journals is an album that can stay on repeat and I will never get tired of it.

Background: Bieber started to release each of the tracks with a campaign he started called “Music Mondays” with songs he created while on tour which formed into “Journals” He released these songs without the support of his label because they didn’t agree with him releasing anything besides pop so he was strictly relying on fans for support. Journals was eventually released as an LP 3 years later by his label in 2016. The album features 16 tracks.

Review:

Track 1
Title:
????????????
Length: 4:21
Genre: R&B
The first track released in his Music Monday’s campaign and the first time we ever heard a true R&B track from Justin. He released it on the same day he went on his first date with his now-infamous ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez. It’s a song you listen to when you’re going through a heartbreak or when you just want to reminisce on a failed relationship.

Rating: 10/10
Track 2

Title: ??? ???? ???????
Length: 3:08
The second track to be released in Music Monday’s and a huge fan favorite. The song is about when you love someone they are all that matters the only person you see or wanna be with but when they are gone it’s like an empty feeling without them. As if they filled a void that you never knew was there until they came and filled it. The perfect song to listen to, to express your love to your partner, or just remember the moments you shared.

Track 3

Title: ???? ?????
Length: 4:15
The first time Bieber fans got to experience a more adult side of Bieber’s music. The song was originally his songwriters poobear’s track but after Justin asked for it they switched lyrics From “got me all turned up like a Patron shot so hard pulling out when I’m in that sticky glue“ To “oh, so hard walking out got me stuck like crazy glue, ooh” and the title to make it more “teenage friendly” Definitely a song you’d played for your significant other on valentines day...lol

Rating: 8/10
Track 4

Recovery.jpg
Title: ????????
Length: 3:00
This song is all about forgiveness and compromising, knowing that things won’t always be perfect in relationships and that you’ll fuck up plenty of times (cause were human) and you’ll go through disagreements and separations but as long as you’re putting in the effort to make things work (recovery in a sense) you’ll always come out on top together.

Rating: 9/10
Track 5

Bad_Day.jpg
Title: ??? ???
Length: 2:26
This song is about that day that we all dread when you’re madly in love with someone. one-day things are good and then the next they are packing their things and without a second thought they are gone. A very heartfelt and emotional song.

Track 6

Title: ??? ???
Length: 3:01
Everyone at one point (hopefully you don’t) will have to deal with your significant other’s friends or family members trying to tell the person you’re dating that you’re not good for them. In this song, Justin is singing to the person he loves that he may have his flaws but he isn’t all bad and that she shouldn’t listen to “instigating” (friends) - one of my personal favs by him.

Track 7

PYD.jpg
Title: ??? (??? ??? ????) ?? ?.?????
Length: 5:17
The longest and WORST song on journals, the song was originally titled “DYD (Dick You Down)” but was changed after it was given to Justin. Basically about him wanting to have sex in different places.

Rating: 4/10
Track 8

Roller_Coaster.jpg
Title: ?????????????
Length: 3:20
This groovy uptempo r&b track is all about the ups and downs of relationships. At moments it can feel like you’re on top of the world and things are going good then the next things are going down with its hardships. You have to remember that life is all about finding balance even in the worst times

Track 9

Change_Me.jpg
Title: ?????? ??
Length: 2:43
Genre: R&B Ballad
This song is basically wanting to fix everything he’s broken in the relationship, he asks the girl for patience and understanding while he changes to make things work. He’s at the point where he loves this person so much he is willing to make compromises and changes to keep them.

Rating: 7/10
Track 10
Title:
????????? ?? ?????? ??? ??????
Length: 4:07
Genre: R&b / Hip Hop
This song is basically about Justin loving confident woman, it has an upbeat east coast feel to it. Second most popular song off of Journals. There’s also a version with Jeremih & Drake that’s unleaked.

Track 11

Title: ??? ????
Length: 4:02
In this song Justin expresses issues he is going through in his relationship but how he doesn’t want to give up on them. He hopes to see a better future with her if she just works with him on the relationship.

Rating: 6/10
Track 12

Backpack.jpg
Title: ???????? ?? ??? ?????
Length: 4:11
Genre: Pop
The song has an underlying meaning to it. Justin is trying to keep his relationship from the public - “You don’t know what they’re like if they know that you’re alive” basically saying if the public knew about her she would get crucified by fans/media and Justin doesn’t want her to experience that. Alien voice: “I can’t stay in your backpack forever” she knows they can’t stay a secret for long.

Track 13

What’s_Hatnin’.jpg
Title: ????’? ??????’ ?? ??????
Length: 3:28
Genre: R&B / Hip Hop
This song primarily focuses on finding solutions to conflicts you’ll sometimes face in relationships. It’s a upbeat hip-hop joint, I personally don’t listen to it very often nonetheless it’s a good song.

Track 14

Swap_It_Out.jpg
Title: ???? ?? ???
Length: 4:01
This song is basically about coming into unison with the person you love, wanting to be there for the good and the bad, loving them unconditionally, and being in it for the long run. My second fav song off journals, this shit gets me so hyped. A true fucking masterpiece.

Track 15

Memphis.jpg
Title: ??????? ?? ??? ????
Length: 3:43
Genre: R&B / Hip Hop
In this song, Justin is trying to get the girl that he loves to understand that he loves and cares about her but for some reason, she’s not convinced. It’s an ok song not my personal fav but it’s good.

Rating: 6/10
Track 16

Flatline.jpg
Title: ????????
Length: 3:39
This song is all about the heartbreak Justin experienced after the breakup with Selena Gomez. How his relationship failed due to his busy schedule and not having enough time for her. This is THE BEST MF SONG ON JOURNALS. It has such a heartfelt emotional feeling to it that you can almost put yourself in Justin’s shoes and feel how he felt when he made this song. I recommend listening to this song in the car with your speakers blasting you won’t regret it.

Anyways, this concludes my review on Justin Bieber’s journals album thanks for reading lol.

© Justin Bieber on Leaked.is | 3.19.2021

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole album rating is 8.2, according to your rates. I really liked bad day, heartbreaker, rollercoaster, confident and recovery. Thats my favorites from this album.

Reactions: Justin Bieber
Top Bottom