DISCUSSION Eminem one of the most overrated rappers of all time?

frieza

Family Member
May 10, 2021
IMO the dude hasn't made a single good song since 2002 and is only still relevant because of shit he did in 99.

The beats he picks are trash, his verses consist of him trying to cram as many words, forced rhymes, and lame ass double entendres into 3-4 minutes as possible, his hooks are some of the worst that any mainstream artist has put out period, trying to epically pwn all le mumble rappers, and he's mad insecure about the fact that most people think he sucks. I can't think of a cornier mainstream rapper. At this point I'm convinced the only people that listen to him are 14 year old white kids who have just discovered rap and think fast rap=good rap, or 40 year old Oakley wearing white men who want a white "king" of rap and call everything else "mumble rap" despite most "mumble rap" being easier to follow and more thematically consistent.

+ Shit like Tom MacDonald, Mac Lethal, Joyner Lucas, Hopsin, etc are all a product of the garbage Eminem puts out on the regular lmao

dre

Family Member
Jan 31, 2021
I didnā€™t read anything except the thread title, but based off of that you are probably no older than 12 so weā€™ll just go with ur uneducated

Devil Gifted

Family Member
Jan 28, 2021
Atlanta, Georgia
Please, Log in or Register to view quote content!
i dont know how but ur logics seem right somehow
But one thing is for sure that he has the worst beat selection
But modern day rap mostly today focuses on Drugs, Bitches , Weapons and imo this should change. Rappers should talk about the everyday struggles broke people have to face everyday and their road to glory ( sometimes they speak about this but too less). But unfortunately most rappers only talk about how many women they have fucked , how much Racks they have , how much drugs they consume and still they be getting billions of views (eg- Lil Pump). Modern rap should focus less on misogyny imo

Illmatic

Family Member
Jan 31, 2021
I'm not that big of a fan of the shit he makes now definitely but in his prime he was definitely a talented ass rapper. Slim shady LP and Marshall Mathers lp are classics and his feature on renegade is an all time great rap verse where he literally outrapped Jay Z

• RT
Reactions: CallMeWhenever

kanyessmalltoe

Comfortable Member
Feb 3, 2021
USA
eminems music was never anything exceptional overall but at least before it used to be decent. Now hes just a weird old guy way past his overhyped prime that drops music that sells only cuz of his reputation, which is really just built upon how palatable he was. I can respect his impact tho, and he made Stan so i guess i dont care if he keeps ruining his musical goodwill with these new albums, hes old and rich we cant stop him anyways

Top Bottom