DISCUSSION BROCKHAMPTON is disbanding

testadura

Nov 30, 2021
I remember when Ameer left after the completion of the Saturation trilogy. To be honest, their music has taken a steep drop after that whole thing happened. I think it would have been best that they broke up when things went down with Ameer, I know that there has been a lot of issues within the group because multiple people have wanted to leave but Kevin keeps forcing them to stay together. If they would've broken up then, they would probably be revered as a legendary group and we would be stuck wondering what other projects that they would've made, instead of being left with the meh projects we have imo. I do wonder what finally made Kevin let go of this project though.

dani

Family Member
God
Jan 30, 2021
Saturation trilogy is part of what made 2017 one of my favorite years of music and Saturation 1 low-key got me through the LIR2 wait so I'll always love BH for that but honestly they fell off so fucking hard after that. By the time Iridescence finally dropped I was already bored af with their music.

bob

bob
MVP
Profile Music
Jan 28, 2021
bob's house
for me, as someone who discovered them a week after sat 1 dropped, iridescence was actually the album that really piqued my interest and made me the most excited to look forward to what they'd do next, and it's still my fav album by them to this day

then ginger dropped and honestly that's when i kind of realized that they wouldn't last much longer. and when technical difficulties and roadrunner dropped i was really thrown for a loop because it actually gave me hope and made me realize that these guys still had a lot to say in new ways to say it

so for this to suddenly happen, their final album shelved and their huge world tour being cancelled before it even started is really perplexing to me and honestly infuriating. can't say i didn't see the signs, but wow

inb4 tldr

PUPPY

Comfortable Member
Feb 8, 2021
Please, Log in or Register to view quote content!
solid idea but I’m wondering if Kevin’s push for Puppy to be released is partially the reason for this sudden disbanding? he obviously wants it out but I’m wondering if other members don’t bc of Ameer’s contributions, makes sense if they no longer want to be associated with mr. sexual abuse who also set up Dom’s friend to be robbed

PUPPY

Comfortable Member
Feb 8, 2021
Please, Log in or Register to view quote content!
ahhh yes true. from memory, Kevin's said if they release Puppy it'll be the original with Ameer verses intact, which is why I said what I did, because I can't imagine that going down well with other members like Dom, who was a bit more directly impacted by Ameer's actions

Reactions: sayda
Top Bottom