A Love Letter To You 5 is the downfall of Trippie Redd's career

1695156307363.png

Trippie Redd is an artist who has been around for years and is one of the few who made it off SoundCloud. I'm going to write a short timeline about his recent years and why I think his new album, "ALLTY5" is going to be the downfall of Mr. Redd. A lot of this is my opinion, but I know when I hear bad music, so grab some Cheetos and a drink.

"ALLTY 4" (2019) was his last decent album with hits like "The Grinch" and "Death." He executed a love and hip-hop album very well with many great features and production from Pi'erre Bourne, Murda Beatz, Nick Mira, and more.

The music quality would downgrade with the album "Pegasus." (2020) Mixing being awful, random producers, and a bloated 26 songs. Features were there, but really just made it worse. Maybe I'm hating and you like a lot of songs and features. Maybe I am, but then this guy drops a deluxe rock album, "Neon Shark vs Pegasus" no one asked for prod. Travis Barker, making Pegasus a 40-song album. Straight nails on a chalkboard. What the fuck was Mr. Redd thinking about making a deluxe a whole different genre?

Moving on to the next album, "Trip at Knight." (2021) Trippie would change genres again hopping on the rage beats wave. The version released was decent but could've been great. I say this because every beat on TAK would be so similar, that the album would get old quickly. If it wasn't for the hype around "Miss The Rage" with Playboi Carti, this album would've flopped way harder but personally, I thought the album wasn't bad. A pathetic "TAK Complete Version" would release randomly, with ONE song having Drake on it. Seriously, this is stupid asf of Trippie to do when he could've put in more songs fans wanted.

"MANSION MUSIK." (2023) This definitely confirmed Mr. Redd's music decline over the years. The album name references the mixtape "Mansion Musick" by Chief Keef. (Who also ex. produced Trippie's version) Knowing this, you would think it would be similar to Chief Keef's mixtape right? Nope, instead of Glo beats, Trippie 2 years later stayed on rage beats. What was the point of glazing Chief Keef nuts just for every song to be a rage beat? The beat selection was great but mixing was an actual joke. Kind of like Pegasus, both albums had bloated features, with MANSION MUSIK having 21 features. Having so many songs and features can be good but this album was so bad, everyone forgot about it even with so many artists on it.

"A Love Letter To You 5" (2023) I'm gonna summarize this album by using Trippie's own words from an interview. "ALLTY5 is gonna be one the best bodies of music I've ever done." Ironic being one of the worst projects he's dropped. Every song has the same few producers making almost every song sound the same with no variety. This album can BARELY be considered a hip-hop album. The sound is like R&B but too slow and boring making it more of a shitty R&B and Pop album. "I know what my fans want here, I'm gonna give them exactly what they want." Leaving out various songs the fans wanted was a horrible move. If Mr. Redd drops a deluxe he could save himself but he is already disappointing his fans. "I've been working on it for 3-4 years, having music still tucked to the side for this project." Every song on this album was recorded in the past year so this is just another lie. The only songs he "tucked to the side" for the album were ”How You Alive,” “Thinkin Bout You” and "Trip McKnight.” Trip McKnight was already leaked and doesn't fit in with any of the songs on the album. Trippie would also embarrass himself on Instagram writing out paragraphs about him cheating on his girl. (Skye Morales) Hilarious that he ranted about this a few days before the album and let her get two features on the album. After "ALLTY5," I really think from here, that Trippie Redd will continue to be a feature artist and slowly fall off. "Every song on here gotta be crazy cuz if it doesn't, then fuck me, I'm a bitch."
trippieL.png

08/20/23:
embarrassing numbers considering how big trippie is
1695156272429.png

09/04/23:
he cancelled his whole tour 😭😭
9/19/23:
A few years back Trippie Redd made fun of rappers for only selling 30k first week. He only sold 30K first week. 1695156411674.png

Last edited:
Yes I love Trippie Redd and have supported since 2017. When ALLTY1 dropped it was like my whole life.
Then he followed up with ALLTY2 which is actually top 3 favorite albums of all time for me. The melodies, beat selection, and even the features (half of whom we had never even heard of before) did their job. ALLTY2 was the most cohesive SoundCloud rapper-album to drop at that time, considering he was able to put a collective of artists together and still make them enjoyable to fans.
Fast forward we're in 2023 and Trippie hasn't listened to a single one of us since 2017. I mean seriously he has been trying to make every song sound like "Love Me More" which doesn't even make sense because that song FUCKING BLOWS!!!

Overall very disappointed with Trippie's performance these last couple years. He needs a DJ Flippp beat and a Bali Baby feature to make things right again.

To me personally, Trippie's music in general have never been the same since 6ix9ine went to jail in late 2018.

Their beef died down and Trippie havent been motivated to put actual effort into his music. He used to try to put out his best music to outshine 6ix9ine but since there havent been any back and forth, his music have sharply declined due to lack of focus

The decline of his era of soundcloud rap and list of stupid decisions(Not finishing God's Plan verse, not gettin Uzi in his prime,etc) has also added on to his decline as well.

This new album sounds beautifully produced but it also goes nowhere if that makes sense. Trippie can still make good music but the main issue is that he just got to try. He need to link back up with talented producers like ChopSquadDJ.

The Wayne feature has been on repeat tho. Beat song on the album imo

Top Bottom